TinoVC is an accepted course provider within the Functional Safety Program for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) of TÜV Rheinland. The course focuses on functional safety aspects for the process, oil & gas, petro-chemical and chemical industries according to IEC 61508 / 61511.
The main objective is to provide all engineers involved in safety instrumented systems with elementary and necessary knowledge about functional safety, based on the leading international functional safety standards IEC 61508 and IEC 61511. A second objective is to give anybody attending the course the opportunity to have his or her functional safety competency confirmed by the TÜV Rheinland upon successfully passing the exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- System integrators and independent consultants
- Control and process engineers
- Maintenance and instrumentation engineers
- Managers of engineering departments
- Risk, reliability, safety and quality engineers
- Loss prevention engineers
- Sales engineers – Sales managers – Marketing specialists for safety-products, systems and services
- Technical staff involved in any part of SIS lifecycle that need or want to develop their competency in Functional Safety
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
IEC61511 ed2.0 released in February 2016, clearly indicates as a ‘Normative’ requirement:
- That anybody involved in safety lifecycle activities SHALL be competent to carry out the activities for which they are accountable.
- That a procedure SHALL be in place to manage competence of all those involved in the SIS life cycle.
- That a periodic assessments SHALL be carried out to document the competence of individuals against the activities they are performing and on change of an individual within a role.
Take advantage of this flagship course, examination and certification to prove your clients, peers and management, your competency in the field of Functional Safety. Success in the final examination certifies your functional safety knowledge on your personal name, adding a great value to your professional career and image.
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with the FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) Program:
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of functional safety
- University degree (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering) OR Equivalent engineer level responsibilities status certified by employer
3.5 days: 3 consecutive days vocational training with student exercises, + 4 hours closed book exam in the morning of the fourth consecutive day.
Price is in accordance with the FS program minimum pricing policy from TÜV Rheinland and will depend on location, please contact us for more information.
Special prices are available for in-house customized trainings.
- Course material
- Registration fees and FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate (If requirements are fulfilled and exam passed accordingly)
- Refreshments and Lunch (however the last day (exam day) there is no lunch foreseen as every participants is allowed to leave once he/she completed the exam)